As the temperature rises in your home, you reach to turn on the air conditioning. Your worst nightmare is realized when it simply doesn’t kick on or blissful cold air doesn’t come from the vents. Obviously, this is a situation in which air conditioning repair is needed. However, there are other issues that might not be as obvious but are still signs that you need air conditioning repair.
1. A higher-than-normal electric bill. If you compare your power usage with the same period last year and it is quite a bit higher although the weather is relatively the same, it could be a sign that you need air conditioning repair. Don’t go just by the dollar amount, as there could have been rate increases, but if the actual kilowatt hours used is higher and it isn’t any hotter than last year, you should be concerned that your air conditioning system is working harder than it should be.
2. The air conditioner runs nearly constantly. This is going to be the main reason why your electric bill is higher, but it is a symptom in and of itself. The thermostat will keep the system running until the home has reached the selected temperature. If it isn’t running properly, it may take longer for that to happen, essentially running nearly constantly in an effort to cool the home. It could also be a sign that the thermostat itself is the problem. A qualified air conditioning repair technician can diagnose the issue and provide the solution.
3. Discomfort and humidity in the home. Another sign that you need air conditioning repair is when your air conditioner is not controlling humidity and you don’t feel as comfortable as you should. This could be an overall temperature deficiency or some rooms being warmer than others.
If you notice these or other signs and suspect you may need air conditioning repair, give us a call at QRC. We can start with a 22-point checklist to make sure your system is running smoothly and delve into the conditions that could be affecting its efficiency. You can also call us if your system isn’t coming on, and we’ll get it operating again. Call today with any questions you may have.
Latest posts by Winston-Salem HVAC (see all)
- Choosing the Right Glass Door Refrigeration Units - September 14, 2018
- Don’t Wait Until Your System Stops Working to Seek Air Conditioning Repair - August 30, 2018
- Should You Invest in an Indoor or Outdoor Custom Walk-In Cooler? - August 15, 2018