The quality and safety of your products depend on the proper maintenance of your ice makers. Taking care of your ice makers is beneficial because it will increase their longevity and will reduce the power consumption they need to run. Here are 5 easy ways to maintain your commercial ice makers.
- Clean Thoroughly. The first step in maintaining your ice makers is to routinely clean your machine and all of its components. Some models have a clean mode that will cycle water through the ice maker without making ice. For most models, you will need to dissemble, soak, and then hand clean each component. Remember to remove all ice when cleaning and sanitizing the storage bin. Don’t forget to clean the underside and outside of the machine either. This will deter bacterial growth, keeping your customer safe and your products fresh.
- Use Only Approved Chemicals and Tools. Your machine can be damaged by improper chemicals or abrasive tools. If the surface of your machine is scratched, those grooves will allow bacterial growth.
- Check Filters. Your ice maker has air and water filters. Each one keeps dust and debris from entering the machine and your ice. You should regularly check these filters to see if they need cleaning or replacing. Clean filters will also lengthen the life and efficiency of your ice makers.
- Quality Checks. After cleaning your machine, it is important to have a test run to ensure that the ice maker is working properly.
- Professional Inspection. Scheduled inspections can determine if additional maintenance is needed to keep your ice makers running smoothly. We can run tests and watch for signs for loose or broken parts that could affect the quality of your ice makers. We can prevent problems that would lead to downtime in your business or product loss.
If you have questions about maintenance of ice makers or are interested in having an ice maker installed on your commercial property, give us a call at QRC. We carry a variety of ice makers to match your needs and budget.